Dreamhost Support is a robot?

It’s been almost 3day(3/15/2008-Now today) after I register for your hosting plan, but I haven’t got any response so far and my account still inactive.

I contact dreamhost support. It not response from men but response from robot. I think dreamhost contact is a robot Contact Support.

Img Support History : http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2702/82205691wu3.gif
and
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/200/12986526fr1.gif

Uh, let me guess…

You’re registering from outside the U.S. and paid for your plan using Google Checkout? If so, you can search these forums for some experience reports from people in your situation. Unfortunately, you may find that the anti-fraud checks may take a week or more to complete.

If this isn’t your situation, then you’ll hopefully hear back quickly from support.

You may also want to prepare yourself for the worst - many of the folks for whom account approval seems to have taken a long time and posted here about it seem to end up having failed Dreamhost’s fraud protection in one way or another. I’m not saying you’re in this situation, but I’m saying that you might want to start thinking about contingency plans.

Good luck!

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

[quote]I think dreamhost contact is a robot Contact Support.
[/quote]
That is not true. I believe most of the support centers have application to filter the queries. If it is a billing related query, it will be forwarded to billing department. If it is a technical related query, it will be forwarded to technical department.

From the support history, it seems your plan is still pending approval. If you are outside US, it may take more time to get it approved. Let’s wait and see.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I paid dreamhost plan by paypal. i think register on weekend , a payment system have a problem.

Howlong i wait dreamhost support?
can i have money back from dreamhost?

wait or money back…

[quote]I paid dreamhost plan by paypal. i think register on weekend , a payment system have a problem.

Howlong i wait dreamhost support?
can i have money back from dreamhost?

wait or money back…[/quote]
It’s usually the case that if your account passed the automated fraud checks, it is activated immediately (within a few hours). I don’t think there’s a hard estimate of how long the more manual checks take - I think it depends on the particular situation. They generally don’t give much information out on account approval or disapproval. If your application for an account is denied, your money will be refunded. If your account is approved, the 97-day money-back guarantee won’t apply since that’s only for credit card and Google Checkout payments. If you do want to give up and withdraw your application, I’d contact support with that explicit request pretty quickly.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

Update Message Age img

http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2302/73331868pq4.gif

I have mail from dreamhost support robot to inbox 5 Message and all same say:

Dreamhost Support support@dreamhost.com

Hello,

Your inquiry has been moved to the queue of a specific tech support team member (this is either because they are already familiar with your case or are the best equipped to assist you with this specific issue). They will respond to you as quickly as they can but depending on the complexity of the issue it may take longer than normal for them to get back to you (even in excess of 24 hours in some cases).

Thanks!
The Dreamhost Ticket Moving Robot!

please recommend me.

Are you mistaking an auto-response being called a robot… for an actual robot?

It’s simply an auto-response being sent to update you on the status, so I’m not sure what you’re asking.

Anyway, I’m guessing you’re not in the US, which makes it more likely that your order triggered something in their fraud detection system… and they’ll get it processed or canceled as soon as they get to it.

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

Use Paypal. Seriously.

He did. :wink:

Update I have receive mail from human support and activated acc me compleat. i understand i register not US ,contect slow . thank for all comment to help me.

sry about bad english language(i have grade english language subject get D ) because i am thai people . :stuck_out_tongue:

Yay! \o/

Welcome to Dreamhost. Your case has a much happier ending than I thought it would. I was dreading another “I’ve been denied” story.

No need to apologize for your english, though your thoughts are appreciated. You do manage to get your points across and even manage to do so in a way that’s not demanding and impolite, which can be very hard to do with a language that’s not your own! Keep working at it, though! One important point is that since Dreamhost doesn’t offer support in Thai, you’ll need to do your best to keep improving your command of english in order to explain your potentially complex situations to them so they can understand what you’re trying to do.

Remember, the more information you can provide about your intent and your circumstances, the better they’ll be able to help you.

No kidding… especially when a disturbingly large percentage of Americans can barely grasp it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Poor spelling is acceptable if you’re just a grammar Nazi, though. It pretty much has to be since grammar Nazis usually spell grammar as grammer. :smiley:

For some reason, I just pictured the episode of The Simpsons where Ralph says, “Me fail English? That’s unpossible!”