Dreamhost Sucks! Don't use them

Dreamhost sucks. I had a foo experience with this company and their support. They were never able to provide email access via browser. For over 5 months they kept saying they had issues with this and that… all lip service but no action. Not only that, they don’t offer any refunds of any kind… even though after complaining about the email issue they stated they would give me a credit. Never got it. Also, if you are stupid enough to go with their service and become unsatisfied with them, be sure to cancel within 90 days. If you prepay for a year they won’t refund your money. These guys suck baaaddddd. Stay away.

This is ridiculous. I don’t think any hosting company is able to survive without providing any email access.

This is not true at all. You can cancel your hosting plan with 97 days and get a refund as stated clearly in DH’s website.
http://dreamhost.com/hosting-moneyback.html

1. Credit card and Google Checkout payments only.
  2. Excludes domain registration fees, bandwidth overage charges, and dedicated server payments.
  3. Refunds not guaranteed for accounts found to be in violation of DreamHost’s Terms of Service or Anti-Spam policies.

Now what leads you to the conclusion that they don’t offer any refunds?

Well. We are still happy here.

By the way, you have talked so much about the problem. What is wrong with your email access? Maybe somebody here is able to help you out.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

If you’re experiencing problems with your webmail access please open a support ticket and someone will assist you.

As far as the refund policy, we do offer a money back guarantee within 97 days, which is pretty generous since most companies I’ve seen only offer 30 days.

• Greg
  • DreamHost Technical Support

He knows that isn’t true … I pointed it out to him last October when he showed up posting the same nonsense.

This guy is not looking for help of any kind … and is probably best ignored. Really, I mean if he can’t figure out out how to access his email via a browser in 6 months of trying, he can’t be helped anyway. :wink:

Considering how many customers DreamHost has, an occasional one of these is going to surface … meh.

If it is true “there is a nut case in every crowd”, then it is probably also true that there are several nut cases in a “big crowd”. The fact that one of them shows up twice in 6 months to to kvetch should not be surprising … just as it shouldn’t be surprising that he may be nothing more than your every-day troll. :wink:

–rlparker

Ehh, probably just a troll from HM or something, with a copy - paste message for all rival companies’ forums.

I do find it surprising. I mean, if it’s for no purpose other than trolling, then there must be some medication for this condition. If there is some sinister purpose, then it must be illegal, right?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

You guys are clowns. I’m not a troll. I’m a former customer who had a bad experience and it seems the posts I putting up now in this forum is getting more attention than the support tickets I submitted regarding this issue. But I expect that now knowing what I know about this company.

I’ve been accessing email via browsers for many years that is why this whole situation is really ridiculous. I can’t explain why your servers couldn’t establish a connection for 5 months. Neither can you apparently. I always got a IMAP drop connection or time out error. Attempted from different computers, different operating systems in different IT environments. You couldn’t deliver the service you offered when I signed up. EVER. THOSE are the facts!

Here’s one of the replies I got from their support staff claiming that they resolved the issue

“…have had an ongoing issue w/ one of the file servers involved in your hosting cluster of computers. This caused problems w/ mail delivery, checking and other hosting functions. We have since added another filer, so there is now plenty of space to go around, this alleviating the issues you were seeing.”

Unfortunatly this DID NOT resolve my issues. I posted several more support requests and patiently waited sometimes for weeks. Like I said. No fixes. Just left me hanging.

Now these guys are all the buzz on the message board. It isn’t “sinister”. It’s the facts and others should be warned. These guys are your run of the mill clowns trying to offer services that they don’t know how to control.

If you decide to go with them, be warned.

So Lensman… for a moment try to open your closed little mind and understand that sometimes people get terrible service. It’s natural for them to complain. That’s all I’m doing because I’m justified.

You didn’t read my original post did you ahole? I already closed the account because no one every resolved the issue.

Well, different venues do have different participants - getting a different response is to be expected. :wink:

meh … I’ve hosted here almost 10 years now, and I have had only occasional, and temporary email problems …

I don’t think you are “sinister” … just that your reported “facts” don’t bear close scrutiny, and your “warnings” should be taken in the context of your posting history.

–rlparker

Nice! Though they would never say it out loud, they are probably secretly glad to be rid of you! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

I have looked over his support history and I agree that he did not get very good service/support. He was given a $20 credit on 10/25/07. Recently had another problem and closed his account shortly after, but did not get a refund since it was past the 97 day mark.

I have gone ahead and refunded him for the entire year.

Believe me… The feeling is mutual.

[quote]I have looked over his support history and I agree that he did not get very good service/support… but did not get a refund since it was past the 97 day mark.

I have gone ahead and refunded him for the entire year.[/quote]
I’m sure that will be appreciated, and your response in these forums is just more evidence of how DreamHost rocks! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

[quote]I have looked over his support history and I agree that he did not get very good service/support. He was given a $20 credit on 10/25/07. Recently had another problem and closed his account shortly after, but did not get a refund since it was past the 97 day mark.

I have gone ahead and refunded him for the entire year.[/quote]
More than I would have done - which I suppose is why you guys are in the customer-support sensitive business and I just depend on my technical skills to overcome my general surliness. :slight_smile:

Oh well, it’s a shame that such a good customer (neighbor for the rest of us) that’s such a pleasure to deal with has been lost. I guess we’re stuck with rlparker, sdayman, and Co. :slight_smile:

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Lensman… Clearly you are the biggest clown I’ve ever come across. Despite the admittance posted above to the “less than satisfactory support” that I received, you are still inclined to believe I have no right to be frustrated. I think if you had had the experience that I did, you too would have been a bit PO’ed. I do agree that Dreamhost is now acting responsibly by refunding the money that I paid for services I was never able to use. If the services had operated the entire time, I would not be in a position to complain at this degree about a refund. But to not provide the service and keep my money is bad business. In any event, you must be related to someone over there to be so closed-minded about this. But I think that anyone with a level head will read this message board and conclude who is the “right”.

As for your “More than I would have done…” Clearly you shouldn’t quite your day job. You wouldn’t make it in the big biz world with such a pigeon hole view of the world.

It takes a bigger man (company) to admit to having mad a mistake. Something you probably aren’t too familiar with.

Wow. And to think that when I first saw your last post had been entered, I actually thought for a second that you might have been posting to thank Michael for intervening and getting you the refund … silly me. :wink:

I’d have though that you would be happy about that!

–rlparker

You are clearly more adept at ad hominem attacks than managing your web and email environment. Whether or not you have suffered from issues with DreamHost, it is no excuse for going on a forum trollfest that is guaranteed to start a round of personal attacks and criticism. Since you are no longer a DreamHoster I suggest you take your refund and, respectfully, get lost.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL