DreamHost sent emails about employee's BMs?

Did anyone else receive this spam? Or is this really a DreamHost employee?
We are not signed up to any DreamHost newsletter, so I don’t even know why I opened it. But, I was shocked and disgusted to read about a supposed Dreamhost employee’s bowel movements in the newsletter. Did you receive this junkmail? Here’s part of it.

Here this moron is talking about the terrible service that DreamHost’s customers are used to being subjected to

“…generally fine with down servers, and although they’re
pretty understanding when their email isn’t working, and ALTHOUGH they
don’t really seem to mind when we “accidentally” overcharge their
credit cards for thousands of dollars, one thing I KNOW the dozens of Happy
DreamHost customers will NOT stand for is a late newsletter.”

“…I’m stuck in a minivan in Wadi Rum, Jordan, without having had a BM in
over 72 hours”

“…Another thing that helps me write newsletters when my bowels are
completely compacted is to think about how nice it would be to have
some
electricity to power my laptop, running water to flush my poop, and
wind
to cool my unmentionables. It was exactly such thinking that led me to
think about wind and water power and how we could use it to power our
four servers when the current hamsters die… Josh Jones”

I didn’t received such email.

Dreamhost don’t send email except the monthly newsletter (optional) and things related to your account.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

I got that, assumed it was a newsletter. Although now you mwntion it it does seem strange as I never had a newsletter before

$97 DISCOUNT with [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color]
No monthly setup with [color=#CC0000]DISCNOSET[/color]
More codes

We’ll just have to make sure that Josh never goes on vacation again!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Er…ah, Yes, that was the last “monthly newsletter” from DH, and Josh’s humor is not appreciated by some on occasion.

You can always opt-out from receiving future newsletters, as indicated in the newsletter itself.

–rlparker

it is good to receive newletters from DH. sometimes you will get some useful information.

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

I always find the newsletters (and Official DreamHost blog to be great entertainment, even if the information within is sometimes hard to decipher. :wink:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I did received it. But the text doesnt look like anything that is usual, as previous blogs.

BUGabundo :o)
promo here
50$ discount with promo code “BUG50” on ALL plans
Free lifetime Domain with “BUGDOMAIN” promo code

That’s Josh. Just ask Jeff.

tor.eff.org
Promos: MaxTOR: Save [color=#CC0000]Maximum[/color] TOR: Save Maximum and [color=#00CC00]give $1 to TOR[/color]

Sometimes it’s a little weird, just have to look over him…

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]