Dreamhost PS question

if i take a dreamhost PS webserver all my sites on dreamhost will have the same IP ? And if i take a MYSQL PS + webserver PS the ram and the cpu are added ? For example 250mb + 250mb i 'll have 500 MB of dedicated ram ?

another question. Is possibile move my big sites in Dreamhost PS and the little sites in the shared account ? I must create two different account to make this ?

I guess only DH support is able to answer this question.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here

According to a reply I got from an email to sales, they said that the MySQL servers are still on a different machine from your web server. So your RAM is not shared. Your web server would only have 250MB dedicated RAM and the same for your MySQL server.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

All the sites under your account are moved to your Private Server.

I’m not sure if you can open a second account as I think you’re limited to one account per person. I have a question in to support on this and should hear back soon. I’ll post the answer.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

How much time i must wait before my PS request will be approved ? And in a Dreamhost PS the load of the picture will be more quickly ? I think now in a shared account the bandwitch is divided in too many people, in a PS i’ll have the same problem ?

In DH panel, it says the setup takes few weeks. But some customers get it done in few days.

In PS, CPU and memory are protected. I think the bandwidth is still shared.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here

I don’t think anyone has gotten set up a few days after signing up. I’m pretty sure that there’s still a long backlog of people waiting for PS. I did mention that two weeks after I signed up they converted me over and that the conversion process itself took a few days.

Back to the OP’s question:

What makes you think that bandwidth is a problem with shared hosting? Other than for certain individuals in Europe complaining about slow downloads (yet others are fine) and people getting bytes and bits confused :slight_smile: , we don’t really see many complaints about bandwidth here.

I think the physical servers have dual gigabit connections and michael has mentioned their redundant super-fat pipes they have to their Tier 1 providers. I haven’t done the math but I think it’s possible that for all practical purposes they can’t exceed the available bandwidth out of a server over http without exceeding the number of open connections a server could support. And even if they could it would be an exceedingly unusual usage pattern.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

I was in the waiting list forever, but when I send an inquiry for a possible date they transfered me imediately.

Use promo code US97OFF to get maximum discounts!
Use o código de promoção US97OFF para descontos de até US97!