Dreamhost PS and mod_perl

I was wondering if mod_perl would be enabled on Dreamhost PS. That is really the only incentive I have to upgrade.

By default you get the standard DreamHost hosting installation so mod_perl isn’t enabled by default.

You’d have to ask sales.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

There are a lot of variables for Apache.

How to check which one is enabled and which one is not?

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here

Are you really asking about modules here, rather than variables?

In my experience, it is not trivial, at times, to determine what modules are actually installed in a given instance of apache on DreamHost, though I have made some progress on that score. :wink:

–rlparker

Thanks rlparker. This is what I am looking for. :stuck_out_tongue:

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here

Do let us know what they say because I, for one, am interested in what kinds of things are possible under DreamHost PS. For instance, would they let you run a different web server other than Apache? And your question of whether they would let you run a custom configuration of Apache on your server.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

I have found a nice little Perl script which gets you all kinds of info on the server (including installed modules), problem is that the website of the script in in German.

You can download the script here. Copy the sysinfo.cgi to a directory which allows CGI execution and chmod the script to 755.

http://www.coder-world.de/files/sysinfo.zip

Website (in German) is here:
http://www.coder-world.de/cw/seite__pagewebdesignsysinfo.html

Promo-Code: [color=#CC0000] SAVEMONEY97 [/color] - Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on your first year of hosting.