Dreamhost no longer allows webmail hosting AND forwarding. Please Bring It Back!

We have been with Dreamhost for over a decade and this recent disabling of Forwarding Emails in the webmail is the worst move possible. We have very many sites and projects which use Dreamhost and it appears that we unfortunately will have to move all new projects and some just established to another Hosting Service.

As a top customer I must say, this MAKES NO SENSE…you are crippling streamlined communications and hurting your clients. Why Dreamhost Why?

1 Like

Totally agree! Our company has also been with Dreamhost for nearly a decade and we don’t understand why “forwarding emails” has disappeared!
“Forward-only” is absolutely no use to us. The forwarding emails option was one of the reasons for continuing to use Dreamhost over the years. Now that it’s not available, our company is considering to move hosting companies.

I hope Dreamhost will reinstate the “forward email” option to fully hosted email accounts.

I am in total agreement on this.
I just ran into this problem myself as I am used to all of my other hosted email solutions being able to forward email and keep the mail box.
The worse part was that in trying to get it to work there was no way to convert the mailbox back to a regular mailbox after I activated the forward function thinking it would work.
I had to delete the mailbox and recreate it…to get the email address functional again.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I even didn’t know much about it. Thanks for your updates.

Hey there,
I am in total agreement on this. I just ran into this problem myself as I am used to all of my other hosted email solutions being able to forward email and keep the mailbox. The worse part was that in trying to get it to work there was no way to convert the mailbox back to a regular mailbox after I activated the forward function thinking it would work. I had to delete the mailbox and recreate it…to get the email address functional again. garage door opener repair Virginia Beach VA