Dreamhost No. 1 by Uptime & Stability?

In spite of many problems reported on DH, I find this site that ranked DH in no. 1 by uptime and stability. Any scepticism about this claim ?

T-T-L
$97 off using [color=#CC0000]LuckyYou[/color] promo code (Just $22.40/1st year with Crazy Domain Insane plan) :cool: . Sign Up NOW

That’s not what it says. The first rating is for popularity. The second rating is for uptime, and DreamHost isn’t listed on that one. In the future, when you want to tout something as supporting your point of view, read what it says first.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com

Ah… so sorry about that :frowning:

T-T-L
$97 off using [color=#CC0000]LuckyYou[/color] promo code (Just $22.40/1st year with Crazy Domain Insane plan) :cool: . Sign Up NOW

I’m not sure I’d have much faith in a stats page that puts Google at 99.73% uptime.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Well, that’s not particularly good, now, is it?

The standard for the industry is 99.9, and few even approach that.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast

I don’t know what to say. Is it our educational system that’s responsible for this sort of thing – or what?

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast

I suppose it is possible our educational system has something to do with it, but many posters here have been educated in many different systems and countries.

I think the desire to get Promo Codes out in front of people is likely to have more to do with it! :wink:

–rlparker

Surely not!

⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓ ⇓

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

[quote]I suppose it is possible our educational system has something to do with it, but many posters here have been educated in many different systems and countries.

I think the desire to get Promo Codes out in front of people is likely to have more to do with it!

–rlparker[/quote]
Perhaps, but in this case the truth is so obvious, and I don’t know about you, but I’d worry about using a promo code from someone who was so obviously messing up something so basic.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast

Go easy on the guy, Gene. I think you’ve made your point, and it may have been an honest mistake.

si-blog | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Those kinds of mistakes are especially easy to make when you are searching for any opportunity to make a post to hustle your Promo Code. :wink:

–rlparker

And the odd thing is that one can be (at least by my measure) wildly successful by just responding faithfully and legitimately when you have a good contribution to make (that has not already been made).

In some ways, it seems the same as the whole SEO vs. good content arguments. That is, people hawking ways to get artificially high pageranks rather than just trying to produce good, valuable content. The remarkable thing is that if you produce good, valuable content that is what people want to find when they search, you’ll have all the R&D power of Google, Yahoo, and the other search engines trying to improve your pagerank. :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

They even have the almighty 100% Rackspace at 99.71.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

As it says on the page, these figures include the uptime and response time of the web applications being monitored.

I know that I’m still monitoring a site that I took down so I’m probably skewing the statistics some (sorry DreamHost).

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

In defense of the OP the site does seem to read that this is a ranking of hosts by uptime. Perhaps it was simply an honest mistake.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Exactly what I was thinking. I’m also surprised to not see Yahoo web hosting also on the popularity list.

Get Around The Net | Miracle Directory

Had to look.

I am surprised none of the links to all of those ISPs work. They look like links, but are not clickable.

BTW, traceroute shows mon.itor.us is on the other side of the pond.

Regards,
Rudy

[quote]“I’m not sure I’d have much faith in a stats page that puts Google at 99.73% uptime.”

Exactly what I was thinking.[/quote]
As I said in another post, the site measures uptime of the sites hosted at that host, not the host itself. So if the webmaster of the site takes a site down, it counts towards the stats for the downtime of the host itself.

I mention this to explain the stat, not to defend it’s use. There are lots of statistical significance problems with that page.

IIRC, mon.itor.us provides stats from three data centers - one each in Germany, Austria, and the US.

Thank you Mattail, I admit I was too hurry posting here before I scroll down and read the remaining chart. As the title has suggested so it makes me think that actually DH is better than we thought of.

Again, thank you and sorry also for the mistake.

T-T-L