Dreamhost is terrible! no tech support!

DREAMHOST IS TERRIBLE - NO TECH SUPPORT - DOES NOT RENDER SERVICES AFTER YOU PAY THEM AND DOES NOT REPLY TO SUPPORT ISSUES LIKE THEY STATE THEY DO>

BE AWARE FUTURE CUSTOMERS, THIS ONE IS NOT HAPPY AND AS A RESULT OF DREAMHOST AND BEING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH WWW.la THE REGISTAR FOR TOP LEVEL .la DOMAINS THEY DO NOT DELIVER ON PAID SERVICES OR REGISTRATIONS

WE ARE FILING A LWASUIT TODAY AT 5 PM IF WE DO NOT GET A REPLY!

IF ANY ONE GETS A REPLY FROM THIS ANOM P.O. BOX COMPANY PLEASE ALERT THEM TO OUR COMPLAINT FOR WEB ID : WANT.LA

Just for the record, the reason for this is that there are some issues with Afilias (a consortium of ccTLDs which with we have to interact to register or renew domains) - apparently they have not yet changed the status of some domains from “pendingdelete”, which means we’re still unable to delete them. I’m sorry that you didn’t get a response explaining this (and I imagine you’ll get a response shortly).

I am going to delete the rest of these messages - not because we’re trying to hush things up, but because you posted 3 of them.

Just some random thoughts …

I am not using any .la domains but I have been very happy with DreamHost. Everything has always worked perfectly and support has been responsive, usually there is always an email message waiting for me next morning after I have filed support request in the evening (I live in Europe).

Just wanted to express my thoughts and happiness with DreamHost.

I would have ended that post with my Dreamhost Rewards link and bought a new Porsche with all the referral money. :wink:

I didn’t know Afilias had anything to do with country code domains… I know they run the .info domain, and are also running the back-end to the .org domain since it was spun off to a nonprofit group connected with the Internet Society.

If you’re not in Laos, it’s illogical to use a .la domain, no matter how many Marketing Types try to tell you it’s really for Los Angeles or something.

I haven’t had any problem with support from Dreamhost, by the way.

– Dan

Anybody in the PO BOX?

We registered .la domain 3 hours ago, got error. emailed for support, NO RESPONSE. We remember about .usa…
Besides, www.la site got down many times.

Is there phone# to call?

IF ANY ONE GETS A REPLY FROM THEM PLEASE ALERT THEM TO OUR COMPLAINT FOR WEB ID : EOS1.LA

7 hours now. No one fix it yet.

EOS1.LA

about 8 hours, everything OK now.
There was no response about our issue.
Almost, NO SUPPORT. Not much people working…?

well, there are tons of great names tho…

Is there any discount for Los Angeles based companies/person?
$50/year is bit expensive. should be $30-35.

Anyway, Thanks for no communications.

We don’t set the prices for .la domain registrations.