Dreamhost for basic wordpress blog? please can anyone helps me

Hi! My friend has recently asked me to help with making a blog and I’ve never worked with wordpress (I do web dev, just never used WP before) and so I said sure.

He wanted to use this theme he’s had his eye on for a while so he already bought that and now I just need to setup the hosting and basically do some little tweaks.

Anyway I was wondering which you would suggest. A year or two ago when I wanted to host my own website, a couple people recommended me Sitegroud. And now when I search around I see a lot of people recommend Dreamhost. So I’m wondering if you guys have any recommendations.

Siteground has plans at 3.95 and 5.95 which seem very nice since I’m sure he won’t be raking 1k hits a day at the get go, whereas dreamhost has WP plans at 7.95.

My original plan was to go with siteground 3.95 plan and upgrade if it ever came to it, but I want to hear your opinion on this.

Thanks!

PS. Totally open to new hosting places, we’re located in Canada if it matters.

Does your friend need email? If not we have a starer shared plan starting at $2.59.

You can check it out here:
https://www.dreamhost.com/hosting/shared/

This plan is compatible with WordPress.

If you have any questions we also offer sales chat 7 days a week from 8 AM to 4 PM PST.
The link above should have a chat window pop up if you visit us during these hours.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.