Dreamhost email alternative?

My best client has reached the point of needing an alternative to Dreamhost email because of non-delivery of email to his customers. The situation is not now one of trying to convince him that DH is doing their best, or anything like that. He needs to be able to email to organizations that will accept his email. I would like to keep hosting his sites at DH. Can anyone suggest a service or some other way he can send and receive email while still hosting the site at DH? We would like to keep the emails as being identified with the domain name of his sites.

What services or solutions should I be looking at? I would hate to move everything from DH. But DH email is no longer an option for this client. We just need to get email though a different provider or service. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

how about google apps : http://www.google.com/a/

maybe hostmail.com or everyone.net

[quote]

My best client has reached the point of needing an alternative to Dreamhost email because of non-delivery of email to his customers. The situation is not now one of trying to convince him that DH is doing their best, or anything like that. He needs to be able to email to organizations that will accept his email. I would like to keep hosting his sites at DH. Can anyone suggest a service or some other way he can send and receive email while still hosting the site at DH? We would like to keep the emails as being identified with the domain name of his sites.

What services or solutions should I be looking at? I would hate to move everything from DH. But DH email is no longer an option for this client. We just need to get email though a different provider or service. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

www.slowdownnow.org[/quote]
One possibility is a service I joined while I was still at GoDaddy, where they don’t have IMAP, and that’s http://www.webmail.us. They specialize strictly in business-oriented email, and offer the proper level of security, plus a home-built Web email client and spam and virus protection.

I would recommend them heartily if you need something a little more robust than a Web host’s email package.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]

Gene,

That looks very interesting to me. I have exlplored Google Apps for Your Domain and am currently using it for one of my sites. It has been reliable and I have it working through POP and also check it online.

But I am tired of having to be the postmaster as well as the webmaster. I think I might prefer to suggest to my customers that they go and setup their own e-mail (at a place like webmail.us) and then let me focus on their website. I would setup the MX record here to point to whatever mail server they wanted and let them complain to someone else when their mailboxes are full of spam and their mail server is blacklisted etc…

Just wonder if I am the only one who is tired of playing Post Office.

-T

I’d suggest Tuffmail for multi-user accounts and Fastmail for single user accounts (they don’t have family/business packages yet, hence no administrator privileges to all “sub-accounts”).