Dreamhost discount for current customers?

Hi,

People seem to be getting sweet deals with dreamhost, for joining up with them (like $50 off), but what about loyal customers who have been with them for 5 years, do they get anything?

Is there a way to reduce my hosting fee this year?

Thanks

Well, I’ve been with them for almost 10 years now, and I am very happy with what I get every year:

1. Great value for what I pay - shell access, unlimited domains and subdomains, and unlimited users - that is pretty rare for hosts at this price level.

2. An ever-increasing bandwidth and storage quota (not that I am likely to use even what comes with the basic plan).

3. Friendly and professional support service, though I rarely need it.

There are a couple of ways that come to mind immediately:

1. Participate in the “rewards” program and make some referrals - three or four ought to cover your entire hosting charges for the next year.

2. Sign up for 10 years and get preferred pricing - though you will have to pay for the 10 years all at once, so you will spend a LOT more money now :wink:

–rlparker

Well, everyone is in the same boat, where you got your introductory discount. In fact, if you timed it right, you got $97 off and a better deal than a lot of folks who are only getting $50 nowadays. OTOH, if you had the foresight to use one of the feature discount codes, you’re saving every year by getting free domain renewals or continuing your free unique IP (if you needed one).

[quote] but what about loyal customers who have been with them for 5 years, do they get anything?

Is there a way to reduce my hosting fee this year?[/quote]
Of course, I got neither a discount nor any features and just signed up and had my friend get his referral fee. I’m doing ok with referrals, though, and should be able to get free hosting every year (if I continue to get referrals who get secondaries).

What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?
They’re Dreamhost coupons!

Just another tip:

DH has upgraded their plan few times. For example: the starting space has been increased from 200GB to 500GB, bandwidth has been increased from 2TB to 5TB. And DH never forgets their existing customers :stuck_out_tongue:

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

You can make referral code from your panel and provide it to your friends or in a forum just like some of us do :slight_smile:

TTL
Dreamhost coupon code for 600 GB space with $50 off plus 1 extra lifetime domain =>[color=#00CC00]CHRISTMAS2007[/color] promo code or $50 off + 2 lifetime domains with [color=#00CC00]50FORGOOD[/color] code

Please please cautious. Obey the rules of each forum you participate in (including this one). Some forums have strict rules against promotion in any form. A few allow just about anything in signatures. None of them would appreciate random referral spamming.

The Dreamhost affiliate program specifically forbids affiliates from spamming their referral links and codes:

[quote]Please only post your link in conjunction with your regular postings, as per our strict anti-spam rules. Please post responsibly.

Violations of our anti-spam policy or our Terms of Service will result in immediate forfeiture of all Rewards payments.[/quote]
What are [color=#CC0000]50DISK50[/color], [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color], and [color=#CC0000]1IP1DOM50[/color]?
They’re Dreamhost coupons!