Why Blogger Beta Sucks
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
- This was reported over one month ago via the Blogger contact mechanism. I never got any reply. I understand it’s free, and I guess I’m getting what I’m paying for.
- This problem happens only with New Blogger (Blogger Beta that is not theoretically Beta any more – it was not an issue with the Original Blogger). I can FTP normally from any other service and with any FTP client. This issue ONLY affects New Blogger.
- To publish a single (short) post takes 3 to 6 minutes or more. Prior to beta it took about one minute normally, sometimes two on a bad day.
- I tried to republish my blog yesterday which used to take 10 to 15 minutes under Original Blogger. It has been over FOUR HOURS. Same result again today. Started at 1705pm and it’s 2008pm and nothing besides the “taking longer than expected” error message.
- I’d have switched to Wordpress but Blogger Beta doesn’t convert properly yet using normal channels. I’m sure you may have seen my previous post about conversions. And there is now a solution, which I may try – though I much prefer someone do it for me if there are volunteers. The problem is, I’d have to get my blog to republish for it to work and it’s not working.
SOMETHING IS BROKEN WITH BLOGGER’S FTP PROCESS. My blog is hosted on Dreahhost and I’m connected to Blogger via HellSouth DSL but that shouldn’t really matter since Blogger connects to DreamHost directly and it’s not actually through the blogger’s computer.
I really would like some sort of answer and a fix from Blogger, another DreamHost customer, or anyone out there in the world who uses New Blogger. My frustration is enormous and Blogger has ceased to be fun or useful. Please, please, please help.
You can also contact me via e-mail at darsys (at) AOL (dot) com
See my blog at http://www.darsys.net/quagmire.html or
my personal webpage at http://www.darsys.com[/quote]
I can’t promise you any solace for your problem in converting to WordPress, but I have great performance with that tool. Our regular commentaries at http://macnightowl.com take only seconds to post. Our full newsletter around 10-12 seconds or so, but I have a speedier connection than you (Cox at 12 megabits download).
So maybe it is your blog, assuming your Internet connection is otherwise quick.
By the way, your blog site is a little slow to display, and there are letterspacing issues. Is that your blog software?
Co-Host, The Paracast
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]