Dreahost 1.95 per month?

just like to clear. is 1.95 for first few month?
and then what, what is the after cost?

i would like to host my wordpress with DH, currently using one of those free hosting services out there.
and I’m looking for a home for my site.

thx for your help

This sounds like an old promotion. Where did you see this? Promos like that are for the first year, then it’s $10.95/monthly, or $9.95/mo for 1 year signup, $8.95/mo for 2 year signup, etc.

There are still discounts to be had if your browse through the forums and look for people’s Promo Codes at the end of their messages.

We do have $1.95/month promotions active. Like most of our promotions, they only apply to the first year.

As a current user, it looks like I have no visibility into what new users would see, such as current promotions. What happened to the price listing? I know I still have it in my billing section of the panel, but it’d be nice to be better informed when recommending DreamHost to others.

thx,
1.95 for first year and then 10~.
that what i wasn’t clear about. i thought its to good to be just 1.95

…Daniel

[quote=“softeye, post:1, topic:53079”]
just like to clear. is 1.95 for first few month?
and then what, what is the after cost?

i would like to host my wordpress with DH, currently using one of those free hosting services out there.
and I’m looking for a home for my site.

thx for your help
[/quote]SIGN UP FOR 2 YEARS @ 8.95/YR BUT ENTER 222 IN THE PROMO CODE BOX AT PAYOUT. IT’LL WHACK $150.+ OFF A $210-ISH BILL. THAT’S $64 FOR 24/MO. IT WORKS. I DID IT YESTERDAY. IF YOU’VE GOT A BETTER WORKING DEAL, BY ALL MEANS USE IT BUT 222 WORKS AS I SAID ABOVE. I’M PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH $2.75/MO FOR 2 YEARS. IF YOU CAN’T MAKE ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY $8.95/MO AT THAT POINT, SOMETHING’S WRONG WITH YOUR ONLINE BUSINESS STRATEGY.

SO, IF YOU’RE DOING THIS FOR ONLINE BUSINESS, THINK LIKE A BUSINESS OWNER WHO IS DESTINED TO TURN A PROFIT AND NOT A CONSUMER WHO IS TRYING TO SAVE ANOTHER $1.00/MO. JUST MY 2 CENTS. :wink:

BEST WISHES,
E

when i signed up yesterday it is saying
"$46.80 every two years ($1.95 per month)"
i didnt enter any promo code or anything, just clicked the link to here from wordpress…
weird that the charges seem so random…lucky dip??

It is exciting to have a two-year plan for $46.80. It is strange though it is not published officially on dreamhost website

i found out its 1.95 from wordpress.org
http://wordpress.org/hosting/

it is the first recommendation from wordpress hosting.
i think 48~ for two years its a great deal specially wit DH reputation.

there are some other hosting services out there with competitive price. however i getting great reviews from friends regarding DH reliability

I’m trying to register with dreamHost plan.
however the 1.95 option is not available after I provide email.

i get 3 options (8.95 / 9.95 / 10.95)

can anyone plz provide more info how do I use the 1.95 option?

or is it a false advertising?

thx

http://wordpress.org/hosting/

softeye, if you’re a brand new customer and can’t find the $1.95 promo, send andrewf (above) a private message and ask about the promos. He might be able to steer you in the right direction.

thx sdayman

does this promo still exist?

sdayman, is 10-13-2010 now, contact andrewf is useful?

From memory, there was a promotion which you can have 1.95 option. But the promotion has already expired :frowning: