Downloadable file

hi, i have a bunch of photos that i wanted someone to be able to download, so i uploaded them to a directory and thought all he had to do was go to the url and right click on the directory that had the photos…but that doesn’t happen. when i save target as…i get an html file. can someone tell me how they can download the entire directory at once ?
thanks

Chunky

You could zip them up in a zip file, then let them unzip them after they download it.

Otherwise, they could grab them all (separately) with a single click using something like the DownThemAll! Firefox extension… assuming there’s no index file and they can see all of the files listed.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

ok. is there a way to select all and download at once with ie or does that just work with ffox ?

thank you.

Chunky

None that I know of – but I go out of my way to not use IE, so I’m not sure.

There could even be 3rd party standalone programs that do it–not sure about that either, though.

It would probably be easier for you to just zip them up for him, rather than worry about what browser, plugins, etc… he has.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

There’s nothing standard in I.E. and that functionality is a plugin for FFox. Zipping is easiest or putting them into a flickr type program that they can pull as an RSS is always nice too.

http://www.jconnors.net - City Streets