Down, down, down, down

Panel is down, chat is down, my websites are down, it’s all down.

What the hell is going on?! Why isn’t there anything about it on dreamhoststatus.com ? How long has it been like this?

No idea how long its been like this but I have no email (either sending or receiving) no FTP and only one web site showing up. The emergency status page is unreachable and yet all my submissions asking whether or not there is a server wide problem come back saying its all fine or resolved. Its NOT!

very sad truth
EASTER ATTACK !!!
everything is down ! empty sunday …
please guys, fix this.
I work on rexford, it’s down too …

It is a SAD state of affairs…again sites are down… we still have to pay and yet our customers cannot get on our sites.

(I am on Riptide)

It is never ending problem. If it is not one thing it is another (with another reason…) they do come up with unique reasons each time. Lst time the explaination to me was that some rogue was hogging the server, this time it is an Easter attack. Next week it might be the Post-Easter attack… and then it will be the Snowman Attack (sorry sothern Hemisphere).

The truth is that this has been happening a lot (TOO MUCH!) since I have joined (and that is only 4 months).

DH should get their act together!!!

Pull your fingers out guys!

Just an FYI, the problem seems to have been resolved. They are checking for collateral damage now.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

FIXED !!
BRAVO !
only hours down (remember it’s easter, and they worked hard!)
thanks.
(DOS attack are unpredictable
get da hackers ! CUT ! BLEED !

[quote]

It is a SAD state of affairs…again sites are down… we still have to pay and yet our customers cannot get on our sites.

(I am on Riptide)

It is never ending problem. If it is not one thing it is another (with another reason…) they do come up with unique reasons each time. Lst time the explaination to me was that some rogue was hogging the server, this time it is an Easter attack. Next week it might be the Post-Easter attack… and then it will be the Snowman Attack (sorry sothern Hemisphere).

The truth is that this has been happening a lot (TOO MUCH!) since I have joined (and that is only 4 months).

DH should get their act together!!!

Pull your fingers out guys![/quote]
This was a denial of service attack. Do you think DreamHost could have done something to avoid those things – which happen all too frequently? The answer is that they can’t, but they seemed to have fixed it pretty quickly. Be glad it didn’t happen during the weekday, rather than on a worldwide religious holiday.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]

Agree not much one can do with a DOS… but you put that on top of so many other ‘breakdowns’ it is not good. And I still cannot access my site!

To have a site down so many times in 4 months is not good service provision - no matter if it is day, night, weekday, holiday etc. People still rely on the internet.

cheers

[quote]Agree not much one can do with a DOS… but you put that on top of so many other ‘breakdowns’ it is not good. And I still cannot access my site!

To have a site down so many times in 4 months is not good service provision - no matter if it is day, night, weekday, holiday etc. People still rely on the internet.

cheers[/quote]
I don’t know why your site is still down. You’d have to take that up with DreamHost’s support people. Mine all work fine.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]

All good again (finally)… and calmed down after a morning of frustration

There are a few things that I really do like here… there is always good communication about what is happenning, support replies are VERY good… and while trawling thru this morning for some answers I noticed my version of Gal2 was out of date… so with one click it is now updated.

That is a nice bit of service.

Well done DH…