Double Authorization?

I had just paid through google checkout (Palpal options is not available to me when making the order). However, my account is marked pending and the panel show that I had to fax out Credit Card Authorization form to proceed.

The payment transaction is already done and why DH had to make me (or us?) to send an payment authorization once again???

I am worrying for double payment for sending the authorization.

Please comment and are you all doing the same?

Thanks in advance.

Justmade

Apparently, sometimes it can take a few days for Google to notify DreamHost that a payment has been made.

I would suggest not sending the fax form, but instead waiting a few days to see if the account is approved. If it hasn’t been approved in a few days, lodge a support request via the panel and inquire about the status of your application.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thanks and ticket submited.

I originally think that being such a big company, such payment should be automatic. i.e. Payment make, Google nortify DH, DH’s bot pick up and proceed the confirmation and can use the account afterward.

It seems it is not the case …

Use Promo Code [color=#CC0000]FULL_97_OFF[/color] to host 1 year for $22.4 ; [color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF[/color] to host 2 year with lifetime unique IP for $123.8

Account approval can be quick. I recall that when I signed-up (using PayPal for payment), my account was approved and ready to use in less than 15 minutes.

However, a lot seems to depend on how your application is viewed by the ‘automated fraud detection system’. Some applications seem to be flagged as being a greater fraud risk (for whatever reason) and the available payment methods are limited. Sometimes Google Checkout is the only option offered and, as I said, Google can take a while to notify DreamHost of a payment.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

This is the reply from support and it is satisfactory.

The activation messages do come after the support ticket email but at least it is done now.

Thanks the support and Raz2133

Use Promo Code [color=#CC0000]FULL_97_OFF[/color] to host 1 year for $22.4 ; [color=#CC0000]LIFE_IP_67_OFF[/color] to host 2 year with lifetime unique IP for $123.8

No problem, I am glad I could be of some assistance.

Welcome to DreamHost. :slight_smile:

Mark