Dotproject

apps

I’m trying to install dotproject 2.0.4 and keep running into errors. If anyone has any thoughts, it would be greatly appreciated!
If I use the db that it comes with, I get: Warning: mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.holiday/kgc/dotproject.kgconsult.net/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 354
Although the config is fine. But I can’t acces the admin area.
If I set up a mysql db on my dreamhost account, it installs both db and config but won’t let me into the admin area to keep moving forward.

Hi,

I’m a core member of dotProject, so I may be able to point you in the right direction… have you been able to complete the installation successfully?

From attempting to go to your installation, it appears that you have the directory structure but no files to go with it…

keith

I think the keyword here is “can’t connect to local MySQL server” - at DH, you have to explicitly set the hostname of the db to connect to, as it is not localhost; the webserver and the database server are two different machines.

Am I pointing you in the right direction?

Yes and no. The dream host tech support confirmed the settings on my database and told me to try again. And, yes, I did switch it off of localhost and onto a database I created. So, the install wouldn’t create the database because it said there was already information in it. Anyway, it did the config no problem and I got in but the database didn’t work. So, I did a dumb thing, and deleted my database, recreated it and then re-installed the program. Now I can’t get in again at all. Although the config worked. This time it said it couldn’t read any of the tables. But now it won’t let me in the program. Any thoughts? I really appreciate it as I’m pretty frustrated right now. And, I really want to use dotproject for my business.