dotProject alternatives?

apps

Good evening

I’m looking for advices on what the best possible Online Project Management Software might be.

As you probably allknow, DH provides a one click access to #dotProject (v2.8) which I’m currently testing but the fact that it has not been maintained nor contributed and barely commented (on their own web site aka dotproject.net) in the past few years backs me off of bit. It looks fine from what I see but it seems that no upgrades, help or support can be expected in the future.

Of course, I’m googling for other (newer, better, …) options myself but feel free to drop any recommendation you might have.

Free or not, I don’t care, I just need it to be Web based.

Thanks in advance

I am also interested in this, as lack of development in dotProject is disappointing.

FWIW, there is a huge list of this software on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_project_management_software

Alas, the vast majority of it seems to be SaaS.

Thank you very much kjodle. I’ll have a deeper look at the list tonight but from what I saw so far, I agree with you that no other free instalable project came around after dotProject. I also only see SaaS but be it, I’ll go with one of them.

Mind you, I started using dotProject anyway and despite little bugs here and there, the core functions work great. We already started to put many things in it and We’ll keep using it untill we find the ferrari that will replace the Sköda :slight_smile:

I don’t know how this whole developper works but I think that there is a serious market for the reboot of dotProject.

Give iyt a try if you have not tried it yet. You can always export and migrate your database later.

Cheers

Darryl

Thank you very much kjodle. I’ll have a deeper look at the list tonight but from what I saw so far, I agree with you that no other free instalable project came around after dotProject. I also only see SaaS but be it, I’ll go with one of them.

Mind you, I started using dotProject anyway and despite little bugs here and there, the core functions work great. We already started to put many things in it and We’ll keep using it untill we find the ferrari that will replace the Sköda :slight_smile:

I don’t know how this whole developper works but I think that there is a serious market for the reboot of dotProject.

Give iyt a try if you have not tried it yet. You can always export and migrate your database later.

Cheers

Darryl

+1!