Don't feed trolls

that is all.

[quote]that is all.

[/quote]

Wiser words have never been said. :>

Regarding he of which you speak, that issue has been resolved amicably (it was the result of a misunderstanding of what certain plans come with), and things are fine now.

However, I have suggested that he post a new thread here in the forum and apologize for some of the comments he made to other DreamHost customers. I think he feels pretty bad about them, in hindsight, and was lashing out (he can elaborate if he feels the need to, but my impression is that he’s under a lot of stress due to something that is happening to a friend of his and the perceived lack of support he was receiving from us didn’t help).

On a more general level, feeding trolls usually isn’t worth it - they tend to just bite back, and the overall level of discourse drops precipitously. Some of the responses I saw were pretty heated as well, and didn’t help matters any. I know that it’s tempting to respond back with the snarkiest comment possible (I too get the urge all the time on rare occasion!), but the results are rarely as good as you’d expect. Sometimes, if it’s clear there’s no getting through to someone on a reasonable level, it’s best to just let he thread in question go unanswered or respond privately.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

From one of the trolling threads:

[quote]Blue***, go **** yourself.

[/quote]

Does DreamhHost have a policy against hate speech on these boards? If not, as a paying customer, I’d certainly like to see one put in place.

I edited this one. Thx, Jeff.

[quote]Does DreamhHost have a policy against hate speech on these boards? If
not, as a paying customer, I’d certainly like to see one put in place.

[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that post too, and didn’t appreciate it. While I understand that sort of thing flies in some forums, it’s not at all welcome here. I’ve edited the post (and your follow-up).

People… If this forum is going to be at all valuable, discussion needs to be civil. Messages such as those posted recently don’t help a bit.

• Jeff @ DreamHost

Jeff, since the thread in question doesn’t hold any value anyway, would you perhaps consider deleting it altogether? Thanks for your policy edits, the post was more than what was called for.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

[quote]Jeff, since the thread in question doesn’t hold any value anyway, would you
perhaps consider deleting it altogether? Thanks for your policy edits, the
post was more than what was called for.

[/quote]

Yeah, it doesn’t hold any value probably, but it wouldn’t be the first such thread that I’ve let stay. :>

I’d rather not delete the entire thread, though if you have any posts (from you) you’d like me to edit out entirely, I guess just let me know (I’ll replace it with a “[Deleted upon request of poster]” type message). This applies to everyone else, too.

• Jeff @ DreamHost

I’d like you to remove my posts at least. Thank you, Jeff.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

[quote]I’d like you to remove my posts at least. Thank you, Jeff.

[/quote]

Not a problem. I removed 2 posts of yours from the thread (both that were there).

• Jeff @ DreamHost