Done with Dreamhost

Funny, I went to register for this forum and they require I verify my email. Kinda hard to do with a DH email account since it hasn’t worked for a week this time. I finally have had enough. Today I moved 6 sites over to another provider. Last time I have to log in here.

Maybe DH will learn something if they start loosing customers. I’ve been one for about 10 years.

You hanging in here, I wish you the best of luck. Later

I’m also fed up with DH. Over the past 10+ years I have seen outages get longer and more frequent. I only use DH for personal email and web but it no longer even serves that small purpose.

DH has repeatedly demonstrated a inability to scale their operations and now seems chronically oversubscribed and under resourced. Now if I can only get access long enough to update my local IMAP folders so I can transfer email to the host I’ve already moved my domain registration to.

Anyone looking for reliable hosting at reasonable cost with exceptional support might consider reclaimhosting.com which is where I am moving my personal email and web presence.

Max L.

[quote]Anyone looking for reliable hosting at reasonable cost with exceptional support might consider reclaimhosting.com which is where I am moving my personal email and web presence.
[/quote]

I was looking at Webfaction, but Reclaim looks promising. Thanks for the heads-up on this one.

I’m not really a fan of promoting rivals to DH on here. I think if your needs are very limited, some of these very cheap providers might work – but 2gigs of storage doesn’t really cut the mustard for many these days, certainly not for me.

The email problems afflicting DH haven’t seemed to affect me (or I haven’t noticed). But I do use my personal URLs for a majority of my email these days. I have been well served for ten years by DH and expect to be with them in 2026; but businesses should not rely on loyalty and inertia