Domains down intermittently

I’ve been using some monitoring sites, specifically http://wasitup.com/ and alertfox.com, to monitor my domains.

I’ve been getting more notifications for downtimes for my domains then I would like. They don’t last for a long time, generally just minutes, but I’m just concerned with seeing these. I would see these notices approximately once a week.

Has anyone seen this for their domains?

My web sites (ftp is OK) go down almost every morning at around 0830 GMT for between 10 minutes and 2 hours. They’re down right down. I’m getting fed up with it.

Steve

I has the same problem just like yours. Everyday, downtime is about 20 min.

I had the same problem a while back and it turns out that a DreamHost backup was happening at the same time the site went down.

I asked DreamHost to disable the backup and I now do it myself. The end result is that the problem has stopped occurring…

My sites were down for just over an hour yesterday. They’ve all gone down again at the same time today, it’s been 20 minutes so far. Dreamhost say this:

"Sorry about that! This is due to a recurring issue we’re experience with a few Apache services. Our admins are aware of it and continuing to look into it so it is permanently fixed.

It looks like your Apache service was restarted about an hour after you wrote in, and everything is back up and running normally again.

I do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this for good!"

I’ve been pretty patient with DH over the years; they’ve had their ups and downs, but they offer a good service for the price. But if this carries on much longer my patience will run out. It’s been happening for a couple of weeks or more now.

Steve

This has been happening to me every day from 5 am EST to 8 am EST, intermittently. I’ve disabled all my plugins and it still keeps happening, like clockwork.

I’m very frustrated. I’ve only been with dreamhost a month and I have to wonder if this is par for the course.

THey told me the problem was fixed yesterday. And it’s down yet again today. I’m going to scream.

I’ve been contemplating switching to another hosting company…currently I’m not running any mission critical sites, but there’s always the possibility. If I do, those would be hosted elsewhere…but be ready to pay a little extra for reliability and support, which I think is worth it.

Thanks for the posts above … i had no idea why this was occurring on my domains… Like Quinces … occurrences were 5-8 AM EST daily. Didnt happen this morning though.