Domain Whois Privacy

Hi,

Im just about to register a Domain name on Dreamhost. I already have an existing account and I am just adding this new domain name on my account.

Now whenever I try to “mock register” it I don’t seem to see the Dreamhost Whois Privacy anymore. Only a little tick box which makes your whois either Public or Private.

My question is, where is that button to make your whois something similar to what Dreamhost was offering back then which makes you whois look something like this:

[quote]Registrant Contact:
insertdomainhere.com Private Registrant
insertdomainhere.com@proxy.dreamhost.com
DreamHost Web Hosting
417 Associated Rd #324
Brea, CA 92821
US
+1.7147064182

Administrative Contact:
DreamHost Web Hosting
417 Associated Rd #324
Brea, CA 92821
US
+1.7147064182

Technical Contact:
DreamHost Web Hosting
417 Associated Rd #324
Brea, CA 92821
US
+1.7147064182

Billing Contact:
DreamHost Web Hosting
417 Associated Rd #324
Brea, CA 92821
US
+1.7147064182[/quote]

I know I can just type it in, but hey it seems tedious to type everything out or even copy-paste each and everything one by one.

So where is that Domain Whois Privacy again? Any help would be appreciated

WHOIS privacy comes default when you register the domain. Leaving the box unchecked will make your WHOIS info private. :slight_smile:

What’s the domain? When you’re done registering it I can double check to make sure privacy is turned on too. Just let me know!

I see. Well since I was on the verge of buying the domain and haven’t got enough time to wait for a reply I pushed through.

Punched in my “Real world” details but left the box to make my whois info public “unticked”.

Then after a couple of minutes, rechecked my whois details and you were right, the details being displayed are the ones being used for domains with the Free Dreamhost whois Privacy as what I have posted.

Thanks for the reply anyway!

Cheers!