Domain Viewing

wordpress

For some reason, my domain, all-heart.net can only be accessed by typing in the www in front of it, but not without it. I did click the option for it to be accessed both ways. Help?

I would give it a little more time. Usually it can take up to 24 hours for the DNS to propogate, how long has it been since you added it?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]

You can first check the setting of your domain via

DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Web Hosting --> Edit.

If you already set How do you like the www in your URL? to Both http://www.domain.com/ and http://domain.com/ work., you wil probably just need to wait a while for propagating.

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

It doesn’t matter either way. Those settings only tell it what to do if you have www, or don’t. It’ll either add/subtract it, or leave it alone. I don’t think this setting affects DNS; I think it’s just a rewrite option.

-Scott

That’s right and I think I see more and more sites stripping the www off.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Anyway, michelle, when you say your site “can’t be viewed”, what error are you getting? And did you just upload static pages or are you running a web application of some kind like WordPress?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Seems okay now.

If you’re worried about search engines and stuff like duplicate content penalties or PR being split, it’s a good idea to pick either www or non-www.

It won’t affect how users can access your site–it will just redirect and the version you pick will show up in the address bar.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.