Domain transfer

I have a domain and was hosting it on the free wordpress.com. I just registered with dreamhost and am in the process of transferring domain names. Will I loose everything (posts, photos, etc) from the wordpress.com or will that transfer too? Anyone have any experience with this? Help, pretty please!

in the admin panel for your account it should give you the option to export posts and such. all you have to do is install wordpress on your dh account (custom installation if you are using the one-click install) and then import the file you got at wordpress.com

I’m going to give it a go… I may be back. Thanks so much!

I’m back. I did exactly as you described and everything was working fine, until I got this error message:
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@lettersfromlauren.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

HELP please!