Domain Transfer

Ok, guys, I’m really new at this…If I’d register a new domain with Y! and wanted DH to be the hosting, would I have to wait 60 days? And how do I unlock it b/c Y! automatically locks it. Also, how do I do the nameserver changes?

You can host the domain here while leaving it registered at Yahoo. Just change the nameservers to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com and ns3.dreamhost.com.

You’ll have to unlock it first, then once you do that, it will let you edit the nameservers in the DNS section of the panel. You can go ahead and lock it back again when you’re done.

If you do want to transfer it here, then yes, you’ll need to wait 60 days–but you can still host it here now, then transfer the registration later.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Ok, I’ll try that tonight.

One more quick note, since I’m not sure when you registered it, or if you haven’t done so yet. Yahoo will not let you change the nameservers until it’s officially activated (you’ll get an email when it is).

I just wanted to throw that in because you’ll have instant access to the control panel, but can’t make that one change until it’s activated.

I’ve had some done within an hour or so and a few that took longer (maybe 10 - 15 hours?).

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I’ll keep that in mind.