Domain snapshots policy change?

I’ve noted that I no longer have .hourly and .weekly snapshots as indicated by the wiki (http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Automated_domain_snapshots)

It looks like something similar is taking place, however. Is this documented somewhere?

Thanks,

Douglas

All my snapshots are there, so perhaps the problem is specific to you.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

My .snapshot directory still has .hourly, .nightly and .weekly sub-directories, and a quick look shows these sub-directories to be populated.

My server is ‘Bixel’, if that makes a difference.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

It must be a problem on fanta. I have seven directorys under .snapshot that look like " 20070211.062316 "

Hmmm… that looks like a date/time.

It may be worth shooting off an email to support, it is possible that they are rolling out a new .snapshot system, but it isn’t yet on all servers.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Well, there is certainly some difference between servers, as mine still has the “traditional” hourly, nightly, and weekly “.0” and “.1” directories. Maybe some change is in the works.

–rlparker

I was under the impression that new servers were using a different snapshot system that was creating directories in the way mentioned above. I don’t know where I read that, but I thought it was in this forum somewhere - hope I wasn’t dreaming about the forum again…

Anyways, I think that you’ll find the snapshots are created in the same time frames as mentioned in the wiki, just with a more logical naming system.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

You are correct…I had forgotten that jasonj75 confirmed that with support in this thread.

–rlparker