Domain Renewal — LogicBoxes? eNom?

I attempted to renew my domain earlier today and got the following message from DreamHost Support:

[quote] You have chosen to renew […]. During the renewal process, we will be
transferring your domain to our new registration partner. You will receive
a request from LogicBoxes asking you to approve this transfer at the Registrant
address […]. Please note that if you do not receive an email stating
that the renewal was successful before 2013-11-06 16:59:59 you will need to renew the
domain again.[/quote]

Ok, no problem. Except that later I get another message from “Dream Host info@transfer-approval.com” saying in part

Is this legit? Is eNom the same as LogicBoxes? Or is this some kind of scam?

This is legit. We’re moving registrations from LogicBoxes to eNom.

Thanks, Andrew. The DreamHost panel (and email) made it sound like you were switching to LogicBoxes, but maybe I just wasn’t reading carefully.

Same here, I thought “what the hell is LogicBoxes?”.

A simple change to the text should help, here:

We recently began working with a new and better domain partner for registrations b[/b] in order to be able to provide better service and smoother registrations for our customers. If you would like to renew your domain, it will be transferred to our new registration partner. You will receive a request from LogicBoxes (old registration partner) asking you to approve this transfer at the Registrant address useremail@here.com. If this email is not up to date you can update it here. Once renewed, you will not be able to transfer your domain for 60 days. Please note that if your domain is currently locked we will unlock it temporarily until the domain has successfully transferred.