Domain registration

I’m with godaddy now, but I don’t like their politics.

What happens if I move all my domains (20+) to dreamhost, and then I decide I want to leave dreamhost?

I dont’ see any other way to access the domain registration interface if I’m not a paying customer.

You can… check this KB article
https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2485

[quote]I dont’ see any other way to access the domain registration interface if I’m not a paying customer.

[/quote]

You only need a Web ID, which is FREE to sign up. With that, you gain access to DreamHost’s Web Panel, which in turns allow you to manage your domain registration, or hosting if you have any service plan. Hope this helps.

Get [color=#CC0000]$50 Off[/color] with promo code “DAYDREAM” at DreamHost.com

You will probably only need one plan to manage all those domains (unless the bandwidth or diskspace on some is huge). Dreamhost will keep raising the limits on the bandwidth and diskspace each week - to allow for growth.

You also get a free domain registration which if you don’t need it now you can use it later.

Cheers,
Peter

What plan is best for you?Compare from this list and select the best plan

Ok, so I see it’s possible to move.

I toook a look at the interface. I don’t see anyway to point my domain to an ip (for dns).

ie - with my other registrar, I can map: dns1.me.com and dns2.me.com to my own ip numbers (outside of dreamhost hosting).

because I will run my own dns servers.

Also, would be nice to have a default public info set of addresses/names. Obviously, I don’t want to put my home address in the technical contact, etc. as dreamhost does now.