Domain Registration

I know that DH will waive off the domain registration fee if you join their plans. If so, I wonder if the domain is owned by DH, or myself?

I transfered my hosting to Dreamhost for an existing domain. The domain was with GoDaddy so once I had my hosting set up here I changed where the DNS was back on the domain settings at GD. Worked fine.

Why did I transfer from GD? Because they were bouncing valid emails back to my business contacts and not notifying me. All because of their darn “antiphishing” feature which they won’t turn off if you don’t need it. Even applied to forwarded email. That’s why my userid here is bygodaddy :slight_smile:

Regards,

Peter
Pick your plan from this chart and join Dreamhost today!

How long time take the free domain registration offer in Crazy Domain Insane plan?

I choose my domain that Dreamhost offer to me for free and I pay the one year per-payment plan, but I can see that this domain still available in Whois from www.netsol.com

It can take 2-3 days for the internet to update the DNS. Remember the internet is made up of many networked servers. You can build your site in the meantime and just be patient re your domain resolving eventually.

Want to save? Use promo code sweetdream25 and save $25 instantly. Pick your plan from this chart and join Dreamhost today!