Domain registration question

Since I have the 555 deal (which almost sounds like a dominos commercial) say I don’t use the 4 other registrations I have for say 2 years and only keep my 1 domain and renew it. Will I have say 8 registrations or do they not roll over or stockpile.

When you use 555 to register an account, you will have 5 domain credits. You can use them to register 5 free domains.

It is up to you when you want to use them to register domains.

If you do not use them for 2 years, the number of credits remains same. For your case, you have 1 active domain and still 4 free domain credits to use.

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

I believe this is incorrect.

Normally, when you receive the one ‘free’ domain registration for life, you would receive an extra domain credit each year, just before your anniversary date, which you can use to renew your original domain or perhaps to register a totally new domain and let the original one lapse. I imagine the same thing would happen with the 5 ‘free’ domain registrations, that is, you will receive 5 extra domain registration credits each year.

Of-course, for the definitive answer to this question you should ask DreamHost support.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I could be wrong.

as mark mentioned, the definate answer is always from DH support :stuck_out_tongue:

The number stays the same. You can let a domain name expire and replace it, but you always have the same number of registrations.

Each registration is good for the life of your hosting account.

Otherwise, we could all just sit on them for a year, then cash in on 8 domains for life.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

No, if you did that the 8 domains would only be registered for that year. At the end of that year, you would once again receive 5 domain credits, so you’d have to decide which 5 domains to renew (or pay for them yourself).

Overall, you wouldn’t have gained anything, you would still end up with the same number of domain-years of registration.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

:wink:

I could be wrong, but I think he’s seeing those credits as lifetime credits, which is what you get a set number of.

Just to make sure he’s 100% clear: There is no way to end up with more lifetime registrations than you start out with. Trying to do otherwise will lead to either owing Dreamhost money for registrations, or letting domains expire.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

After re-reading the OP, I think you may be right.

Exactly right. As I understand it, you can choose not to use the domain credits and ‘stockpile’ them for later use, but there is absolutely no way to ‘manufacture’ extra free lifetime domains. At the end of the day (or year :slight_smile: ), you will still receive your 5 annual domain credits, no more.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on all DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost Review)

or shall we explain this way to make it clearer.

we will have 5 domain credits every year. we can use them to register or renew domains free for one year.

so how to use the credits is up to us. we can have 5 domains and renew them every year (that is the meaning of 5 lifetime domains right).

or we can accumalate the credits for later use.