Domain Registered to Blogger

Hi all,

I just purchased a domain (not hosting) to point at my blog at Blogger.

http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=55373

It says that I need to make a CNAME record, but I have nowhere to do that. When I go into Domains->Registrations, my domain is there, but there’s no way to edit that information. When I go into Domains->Manage Domains, the domain name isn’t there (I presume because I didn’t buy hosting?).

Anyhow, I don’t know if I’m totally blind or doing something wrong, please help. :slight_smile: Thanks.

So you’ve purchased a domain through DreamHost but have not purchased hosting? That is, you don’t have a hosting account for another domain here at DreamHost?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Right. I have the hosting at Google (ghs.google.com) and I want to point the domain I registered with DreamHost at that.

I seem to recall DreamHost requires a hosting account in order to fully manage your domain’s DNS settings. I’ve seen others recommend Zoneedit for free DNS management for domains registered at DreamHost.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options