Domain parking, registering, hosting - I'M CONFUSED!

I currently have registered: www.silverscreenfx.com

I want to change the name of my business to titan studios. So I clicked ‘Manage domains’ and added a parked and fully hosted domain: www.titanstudios.com then I realised I’d done it wrong as I hadn’t registered it yet. So I tried registering it and it says, “titanstudios.com is already registered” now is it saying that because I fully hosted and parked it 5 mins before? Or has somebody else already registered it?
This is all very confusing!!

Thanks for the help guys!

To check whether you have the domain under your account, go to DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains

If you see your domain in the list, you currently have the domain.

If you accidentally turn it to parked domain, you can easily cancel it by removing parked domain.

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

Thanks for your reply!

I’ve removed the park, and now under ‘Complete domain summary’ it says:

silverscreenfx.com
3 mons+ left. Fully Hosted / User: redbyte

titanstudios.com
Unknown Fully Hosted / User: redbyte

It also has a little clock next to titanstudios.com

So, does that mean that, the titanstudios.com domain is mine now? As in, no one can steal it?
If so, why? I haven’t paid any money. I thought I’m supposed to pay $9.95 a year for it?

I’m afraid not. It would appear from the error you received when trying to register the domain that someone has already registered it.

You can actually add any domain you want to the DreamHost system as fully hosted or parked etc, unless it has already been added by someone else. It just won’t achieve a lot unless you have also registered the domain and configured it to use the DreamHost name servers (this is done automatically if you register the domain at DreamHost).

I can only suggest that you remove titanstudios.com from the hosting system and either pick a new domain name, or contact the current owner of titanstudios.com and try to purchase the domain, but this is likely to cost you more than $9.95. The link below will show you the contact information for the current owner of titanstudios.com

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=titanstudios&tld=com

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on all DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost Review)

Considering that titanstudios.com was registered in 2000, it looks like someone beat you to it. However, you can try for other TLD’s, such as .us (which is available…hurry, go get it NOW!).

-Scott

Another thing you might consider is picking a slight different name for your business if you haven’t already had any other materials made up that refer to Titan Studios. After all, the domain name question may be secondary to problems related to business trademarks. Say, isn’t there somewhere to search for such things?

Perhaps Callisto Studios?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options