Domain not working

Hi everyone.

I bought my DreamHost hosting package on Sunday, along with the domain dfuters.com. It’s now Wednesday, and my domain still doesn’t work.

On my last host, DNS propagation would usually take less than a day (and that was a terrible host), and the email I received from DreamHost upon registration of my domain said that propagation should take 1-3 days. It’s now been over 72 hours since my domain was registered.

Should it be worrying that it’s taken this long? Is it possible that DreamHost forgot to start the DNS propagation, however it’s started?

Corpus

According to this, you should be good to go.

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

Do you see your domain in DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains? If not, please Add Domain to your hosting plan.

If you see your domain name, you can try to click WebFTP. Do you see any files there?

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Yes, FTP works (when connecting to the dreamhost server - not to my domain), and the domain name has been in Manage Domains since Sunday.

The domain still doesn’t work -_-

EDIT: I tried clicking ‘DNS’ under dfuters.com in Manage Domains, and it told me that there hadn’t been a “zone” file set up. Anyway, now there has been, and the domain seems to be working.

It must be a new domain and hasn’t finished the propagation yet.

Anyway it is working now :stuck_out_tongue:

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here