Domain not showing up in "Manage Domains"

I registered a domain about 45 minutes ago, but am unable to see it in the “Manage Domains” section of the web panel. However, it is showing up in “Registrations.” Unfortunately all I can do there is edit whois info, which is useless. Is there a waiting period before it shows up or is something broken?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Hi Tim,

You’ll need to add the domain to a hosting account.

Panel > Domains > Manage Domains > Add New Domain

Good Luck! :slight_smile:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

You will need to add the domain to your hosting plan as sXi mentioned.

The same thing applies when you want to host domain which is registered elsewhere in DH.

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

At this point I’m a little more than confused.
Basically I have my own server where I’d like this domain to point its A record. All I want to do at Dreamhost is edit my DNS records. Are you saying that, to do this, I need to purchase a hosting package as well even though I never planned on actually hosting a site here, only registering my domain?

No, if you’re only using DH as a Registrar you don’t have to purchase hosting.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

You need to have hosting if you want to manipulate your DNS records. Registration doesn’t provide DNS; just the ability to point at a working DNS server for your domain. If you have your own server, then set up your own DNS and put your A record there.

-Scott