Domain nameservers and wordpress

Hi
I’m new to all this website stuff. I got domain names from 123-reg and hosting from dreamhost. I changed the nameservers at 123-reg to ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com, ns3.dreamhost.com, however it comes with an error

[color=#FF0000]Setting nameservers to ns3.dreamhost.com , ns1.dreamhost.com and ns2.dreamhost.com
Please wait…
Nameservers for mywebsite.com were not changed to
ns3.dreamhost.com , ns1.dreamhost.com and ns2.dreamhost.com
Error text: Registry error, domain’s nameservers not updated [Required parameter missing domain:empty non-extended is not allowed value ] If you are attempting to modify nameservers for an .eu domain, we are currently looking into this issue. please try again later.[/color]

But when I log into 123-reg it says that the nameserves are changed to dreamhost. Have I done it correctly?

I’ve installed wordpress to my website using one-click install at dreamhost, but haven’t received login details from, wordpress. When I click on the link sent to me by dreamhost
http://www.mywebsite.com/wp-admin/install.php
it takes me to 123-reg website.

Please help!! Do I just have to wait 48 hours for all these things to become active? Have I missed something out??

Thanks

Your site seems to be working for me. It may be that your local DNS has not yet caught up to the changes.

Are you trying to make the change on reg123 or on our Panel?

Thanks - this has been resolved. Just needed to wait for the DNS propogation. Have to learn to be patient!!

Heh. If there’s one thing I always forget about DNS, it’s changing my TTL (time to live) to a low number before I move a domain to a new IP! The max it should take is 72 hours (that’s the official reply from the DNS gods of the Internet), but usually it doesn’t take more than half a day. Of course, each individual ISP’s DNS may not be so speedy.

Hello,

I work here at 123-reg.

I am glad to see that the changes have now propagated for you. However I would be very keen to have a look into the reason you received an error message when changing the nameservers so I can find why this happened and see what we can do to prevent this happening again in the future.

If you would like me to look into it please confirm a domain name or support ticket ID for your account.

Regards.

Nerys