Domain limits

Hello,

I am strongly considering dreamhost but two things:

1. When are you going to do that awsome code monster deal again (20.00/month)

2. I don’t want to be limited to just 15 domain names. How much are extra domain names as an add-on?

Email their sales department and maybe they can cut you a deal. I agree it was a good deal…

-Peter

Use sweetdream25 at signup for an instant $25 off your new account. Not sure which DreamHost plan is best? This chart lists the plans.

re your question #2 - Dreamhost just announced that there is no limit to the #domains you host on a plan:

"Hey Just-Became-Happier DreamHost Customers!

In honor of our 8th birthday, as of right now, all our shared hosting plans have been upgraded to include unlimited fully-hosted domains and sub-domains, forever!

You don’t have to do anything, we’ve retro-actively applied this to all current customer plans. Happy Birthday to us!"

Cheers,
Peter

Use sweetdream25 at signup for an instant $25 off your new account. Not sure which DreamHost plan is best? This chart lists the plans.

[quote]1. When are you going to do that awsome code monster deal again (20.00/month)

1. I don’t want to be limited to just 15 domain names. How much are extra domain names as an add-on?[/quote]
    Regarding #1 above, probably never! However, DreamHost is having an awesome sale to celebrate their 8th year in business! They’ll give you a whopping 80% off your first year of service, but only if you sign up under the yearly payment plan. If you’re interested you have to act quickly, however, because they will end the sale once they’ve acquired 888 new customers. Also, you have to be sure to enter “888” in the special promo field if and when you sign up… For full details, go to the DreamHost home page and see if the sale is still going on!

Regarding #2, fret no more, my friend: DreamHost has changed it’s policy to unlimited domains on all it’s hosting plans! Awesome, huh!

-Max

does that mean i can register as many domains as i want? or that my account will host as many domains as i want…

You can register as many domains as you want… but you have to pay the registration fees.

Your account will host as many domains as you want… there will be no extra fees or booster packs you have to pay for. The only limit will be the bandwidth your account comes with.

What conspicuous says - it means the later…

You get one free domain registration for every hosting plan you pay for. (Most of us only need one hosting plan, but you can have as many hosting plans as you want under your DreamHost WebID)

You can host as many domains and subdomains as your disk space and bandwidth will support. If you run up against your limits, you can buy additional disk and/or bandwidth from DH, upgrade to a more generous hosting plan, or add an additional hosting plan to your WebID and move some domains over there (I think this would involve some domain downtime…)

Good luck!

-Max

Don’t forget that the bandwidth and disk space limits go up for you each week.

Cheers,
Peter

ByGoDaddy, you’re right! Ain’t that superlative?

:slight_smile:

[b][i]Love the dream![/i][/b]

-Max