Domain is not in manage domains

Hi,

I have got registered a new domain on my existing account which already has two domains. I registrations section I can see the domain along with others but it is not listed in manage domains, how can I resolve that issue?

Thanks and regards

Once you have registered a domain, you still need to establish hosting for it in order to see it in the Manage Domains section.

To do this, go to the web panel -> Domains -> Manage Domains screen and select the “Add a New Domain or Sudomain” link at the top of the page. Complete one of the forms on the following screen (depending upon how you want the domain to be hosted) and submit that form.

The domain should show now up on the Manage Domains screen, and should be fully “set up” in a few minutes. After DNS is updated across the net, it should be reachable in a browser.

–rlparker

Thanks for your reply but when I complete the form, then it brings me following error:

Can’t add domain: already in our system.

What to do now?

Was this domain ever hosted on DreamHost in the past?

Have you tried logging out of the panel, and the logging back in and checking the “Manage Domains Screen” again?

Do you manage domains with more than one web-id/panel login?

Depending upon the answers to these questions, it may be time for you to submit a Support Request to have a DH technician with access to your account take a look at it.

–rlparker

Domain was registered by one of the dreamhost moderators; I do not know why it required too much mumbo jumbo. I really want to know solution rather than feel like a ping pong ball.

I don’t understand what you mean when you say the “domain was registered by one of the DreamHost moderators”, but if you have already been discussing this issue with DreamHost support, I suggest you continue to work with them to get it sorted.

It sounds as though you have some unusual situation, and if that is the case, they are the ones that can help you. I was only trying to make suggestions that I have found often help solve the problem you described.

I’m sorry you feel “like a ping pong ball”. It’s obvious I can’t help you, and I’m sorry I wasted your time. Good luck with the DreamHost Tech support folks, and I hope they get it sorted for you soon.

–rlparker

Well domain was registered some months ago but I could not found time to do more work over it and now when I have to work, I am facing that problem. I can understand that it sounds weird but it is like that and I have no idea how I can get old messages over the forum. Furthermore, ping pong was just an expression and I am thankful for your time and interest in my problem and also hope that someone will rectify that issue.

This is certainly a strange glitch.

The only thing I can think of offhand that would stop you viewing the domain in your Panel would be some permission trouble somewhere on your account. It really seems like you’ll have to get Support to fix this for you.

You mentioned ‘old messages’… you can find archived Support messages in your Panel > Support > Support History