Domain hosting

I have the domain traktortips.com registered with google, this domain will auto renew tomorrow. The domain points to a site hosted on wordpress.com - in the next few days, I am proposing to move this site to dreamhost using a wordpress.org installation. I am aware of some rules that state you can not transfer a domain within 60 days of registration, also am I correct in saying that in order to upload a wordpress.org the site must be full hosted by dream host, meaning the domain registration must be transferred too?

Please let me know asap as I want to make sure i can leave the domain registered where it is or move it before it renews…

Thanks

Don’t answer the above - already renewed…

In case the next guy is wondering… Your domain can be registered anywhere you want :slight_smile: You can totally keep your domain with wordpress.com and have your site hosted here if you want. All you have to do is edit your DNS settings so that instead of pointing to ns1.wordpress.com, it points to ns1.dreamhost.com and so on.

There are pros and cons to keeping your DNS and domain at the same location, and everyone has their own opinion on it :wink: