Domain Backup question - could really use help!

I posted this under programming because it deals with programming and cron, but maybe I should have posted it here - so here goes:

I’m trying to create automated backups of my mysql database and my domain. The mysql part went perfectly - but the domain-backup part isn’t working.

I found this on the DH wiki

http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Automatic_Backup

Can anybody help me make heads or tails of this? I’ve got it set up, but I’m, getting the following error when I run the ./domain.sh

tar: /home/jalpuna/domain-backups/archives/jalpuna.060829.tar: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

I’m baffled! Especially since the mysql backup was more complex, yet worked flawlessly.

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

The error has “domain-backups” in the path, but the script and instructions use “backups”.

Did you change the script to use domain-backups, but not create the domain-backups directory?

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas

I created the proper directories, as the instructions said to do. The only difference is that I created my directories one level deeper to keep all of my backups directories within a single directory. The instructions for mysql worked perfectly for me, but the domain backup part didn’t.

…I’m stumped!

Jalpuna! - personal blog
twenty200 - photo blog
robsdemo - what I do

The path in the error doesn’t look a level deeper, just different. You changed the scripts, so maybe you created a typo in one, but not the other.
= =

You are welcome to a refund.-Michael;Comparing ‘DH of today’ with ‘DH of old’ does not serve much purpose.-Dallas