Do you allow warez?

I mean I’m not hosting it, just linking to various warez resources, that’s all. Is this ok on dreamhost?

New Webster Project: Redefine all English Dictionary Words!
Make a Website

That’d be a really dumb thing to do, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they shut you down for that. No reputable business wants to be associated with warez. The ToS doesn’t warn against such thing, but do you really need to be doing this? ToS only warns against breaking any local, state, or federal laws, and I don’t think the issue of linking has really been worked out.

-Scott

Thanks for the quick reply, Scott.

I know, it’d be risky. But well not that warez as the common warez…You know I’m Chinese and I wanna write about China internet industry which is quite appealing to some audience and this would inevitably involve linking to various warez sites in China (commercial software downloading sites, music and movies P2P network) which makes a big part of the reason why China Internet is so different from the rest of the world.

Any ideas?

Make a Website

For example, to make my articles a little more attractive, I might make a step by step guide in using the P2P softwares we have that deliver millions of commercial movies and soaps.

God, it’s so crossing the line…is it?

Make a Website

Linking to it will get you booted as well.

They have info scattered around and really need to work it into the TOS, but here you go:

http://abuse.dreamhost.com/copyright/

:stuck_out_tongue: Maximum savings promo code: MaxSavingsAtDH

Thanks seiler, that’s an informative article concerning this.

Make a Website