Do not sign up with dreamhost

This is advice from a current user. DO NOT switch to dreamhost. They have downtime at least once a week. Always rebooting their server.

Finally they’ve been having problems with email for the last 3 days.

I sign up with them about 3 months ago and so far have like 7 support tickets. With my last host provider (bluehost.com) I nver had any issues. As soon as my year is up I’m out of here.

With all the postings here from users who identify themselves, why would anyone value the comments of a user who is only willing to give advice “anonymously”?

I can only presume that “about three months ago” is over 97 days, as Dreamhosts honors a full guarantee within that period. It also appears that your frustration must not be too severe, as you indicate you are willing to stick it out for the “rest of the year”. If it is that bad, why wait? While you might not get all your money back since you are over the 97 days “full guarantee” period, I’ll wager that, given the current circumstances, Dreamhost would most likely prorate your “yearly payment” and issue a partial refund if you wish to leave (they have done so in the past!).

It’s really unfortunate that you joined just before the onset of this round of major troubles. Maybe if you do stick it out for the rest of the years you can receive the benefit of traditionally excellent Dreamhost service. Good Luck!

–rlparker

Great idea. Start another whiny thread, rather than add to one of the other ones.

So, you’re saying that you’re stupid for being here, so your advice is that people shouldn’t be stupid like you?

I’m here and I don’t have downtime once a week. Sounds like you’re not smart enough to have a webhosting account.

[quote]With my last host provider (bluehost.com) I nver had any issues. As soon as my year is up I’m out of here.
[/quote]
So, you left a perfect host for no reason, to sign up with a horrible host? That makes you sound really smart.

If it’s that bad, just leave. If you’re willing to rough it out for a year at a place you hate, you’re either lying about how bad it is, or you’re an idiot.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH.

Experiences will vary: “14:03:07 up 14 days, 5 min, 5 users, load average: 3.69, 3.60, 3.73”

Why did you change hosts?

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

[quote] Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with TAKESEILERSCASH. [/quote]
Where can I find more detail on these promotions ? ? ?

You just enter the promo code when you sign up and it will show the discount.

Then you can make your own promo codes if you want, and refer people. Or, you can just refer them without a promo code and get a $97 referral fee from Dreamhost.

Many of us just pass it onto customers that want to sign up.

The full amount only works on the one-year and two-year plans. The monthly plans range from $50 - $80, depending on plan.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with 96DOLLARSOFF promo code (I get $1).

I couldn’t agree more!!!

And don’t let those commission seeking yahoo’s convience you otherwise.

Just read this for true enlightment:

http://futurosity.com/231/why-dreamhost-sucks

You dug up an old thread, posted a complaint that’s over a year old… and spelled enlightenment wrong.

Which part of that did you mistake for enlightenment?

There are plenty of recent complaints right here on this forum. Maybe you’ll come back a year from now and link to them?

Did you even read the site you linked to?

If you did, then you’d tell us not to take it seriously, since that “commission seeking yahoo” (you?) is not only pushing a referral link for his current host, but also a promo code for Dreamhost.

So, I agree with you that we shouldn’t take that “commission seeking yahoo” seriously. But that doesn’t apply to the people here that actually use Dreamhost and spend time here helping other DH customers.