Dns

All DNS entries for all my domains host at Dreamhost seem to be missing. Anybody else lose all their DNS records?

I’d guess so. From dreamhoststatus.com:

Thu Aug 16 16:51:46 PDT 2007
While the networking issues appear to be gone, we are still dealing with fallout from them. This includes a few non-responsive caching DNS servers causing more slow down. We are bringing these back up now and everything should be smooth again soon

Thu Aug 16 20:28:38 PDT 2007
DNS is back up and running. Everything appears to be working fine. We will keep monitoring this issue throughout the night to catch any problems that may arise. If you have any problems whatsoever, please contact support.

$1 for me << [color=#00CC00]SE7ENOF9[/color] | [color=#CC0000]SE7ENOF97[/color] >> All for you

Dreahoststatus.com has not been kept up to date - if it helps at all, here is the latest announcement from the Control Panel - Support -> Contact Support screen:

"[color=#CC0000]Critical Announcement! Please Read![/color]

Sorry about the downtime experienced today. We have network and DNS issues today. If you are writing in because your site is down please hold off if you can. We are currently running an update that will fix all of your domains, but unfortunately the update takes a while to run. If by tomorrow your site is not up please write directly to dhstatus@dreamhost.com rather than posting to normal support. We have a specialized support team ready to assist you.

You can keep updated at dreamhoststatus.com! (posted 3 hours 42 mins ago) "

–rlparker

Not only is it not up to date, it can’t be loaded.

Error establishing a database connection
This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at mysql.dreamhoststatus.com. This could mean your host’s database server is down.