DNS Setup

Hi there, I’ve just got a Dreamhost account and I want to host my site but not my email, dns, etc. I’ve pointed the www. and root A record to the same IP that my DH account says the A record should be pointed at… but it’s not working - any ideas?

How long have you been waiting for DNS to propagate?

Who is providing your nameservice?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I am, i have a dedicated server running lots of other things. I made the change about 1 hour ago, but from my pc i ping ‘mydomain.com’ and it comes up with the DH IP so i dont think it’s a propogation issue

And when you go to mydomain.com and to www.mydomain.com in your browser, what do you get?

Also, I presume you set up a fully hosted domain in the DH panel. After all, this is where you’re getting the IP address, right?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

it ‘just’ started working - morale of the story is, patience danny!!!

Glad it worked out for you!