DNS settings

WE have finally wrested control of our domain name away from our previous ISP, what I need to know now is what values to configure so that it points to our site on Dreamhost.

You’re keeping it with the current registrar, right? If so, just point your nameservers to:

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

No, we transferred the registration to dreamhost.

If you transfer the registration to DreamHost, it sets the default nameservers to the ones stated above.

Aside from that, you need one of the domain hosting accounts in order to Fully Host the domain here.

-Scott

Okay - same would apply, if the nameservers are pointing somewhere else. You can check by going to Domains -> Registrations.

Then, if your domain doesn’t already show up under Domains -> Manage Domains, click the link to add it and that will walk you through the process.

If it’s already setup and the nameservers are right, but you can’t see it, you might just need to wait a day or two.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.