DNS Screwed?

traceroute to www.zrxocboard.com

Ends up instead at www.weblog.epispider.org

I wonder if that’s why our site’s down again…

I am not sure whats up with the traceroute, I get the same result here, but your site seems to come up fine in my browser, assuming ‘Kawasaki ZRX Owners Club’ is your site.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

It appears that the “upgrade” ro PHP 5.2.1 is causing all our problems. Just like it did last time they tried it…

The forward DNS is fine, so this shouldn’t affect access to your site. The reverse DNS is messed up, so traceroute reports the wrong hostname. My domain has the same problem; I reported it and support said that someone was working on it. (But this was about 8 hours ago.)

Same problem here as well, webhost-advisor.com ends up at greenwelltech.com :frowning:

Currently this affects all of my domains, they all end up pointing to some other domain.

Web Hosting Reviews | Get Around The Net Directory

Consider yourself lucky, the reverse DNS on the site in my signature comes back as ‘smutsanctuary.com:frowning:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thankfully your site is still up, all of mine are down. :frowning:
Edit: Sites are back up again, dns still odd. :slight_smile:

Web Hosting Reviews | Get Around The Net Directory

With 800-1000 domains hosted on a single IP address reverse dns is spoiled for choice.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

It appears that this issue has now been resolved, the reverse DNS on my domains is now showing ?.bixel.dreamhost.com, as expected.

Mark