I’m a new DreamHost customer with several domains. Through my NIC service (pairNIC), I’ve switched all domains to DreamHost by entering the standard DNS info for each domain:
However, the following two things happen when I enter the info exactly as it appears above and submit it:
- The IP addresses are not retained (only NS names appear).
- The order is tweaked. The DNS names appear in this order, even though I enter the three servers in correct order:
My questions follow:
- Is it OK that only the NS names are retained or should I complain to pairNIC?
- Is this order OK or will it cause problems? (Should I complain to pairNIC?)
- My fiancee, who has an account at one of my domains, uses SquirrelMail for her messages. She has complained that it seems rather slow from her office (fast connection). I tested this out and it does seem a bit sluggish, so I’m wondering if this may be related to these DNS oddities. Does that make sense?
Feel free to do a whois gabeanderson.com to see what I mean about order of DNS servers.
Created: June 9, 1998
Modified: July 26, 2002
Expires: June 8, 2005