Dns questions - subdomain problems

I setup a site that was registered elsewhere and transferred the dns to dreamhost.

The website works fine and I am able to goto it via www.mysite.com or just mysite.com

I am however unable to use the webmail. webmail.mysite.com gives me a site not found error.

I would also like to set it up so that any subdomain (*.mysite.com) goes to mysite.com unless otherwise specified

Not sure why the webmail doesn’t work. And I also can’t figure out where to setup the subdomains other than specific ones. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, -John

Hrm… mysite.com doesn’t seem to be pointing to us… perhaps you’d like to clue us in to the real name?

[ Note: The webmail problem has been identified and fixed - should be working now. ]

We don’t generally do wildcard DNS records for shared hosting customers. For one thing, you need to have a unique IP for it to work properly, and for another, this lets people create subdomains without adding them directly in our system. There’s also currently no way to add such a DNS record from the web panel.

If you have a specific application that requires this, let us know (via support) and I’ll see what I can do.