DNS Change

Hello,

I hosted a site with Dreamhost a few years ago. I registered my domain with them at the same time. After the first year ran out I didn’t want to pay for the hosting (which was much overkill for me), but I kept the domain.

So now I have paid for hosting somewhere else and I would like my domain to work with that hosting. I’d prefer to keep my domain hosted with dreamhost, but just have it work with the new hosting.

I think I just add the name servers to dreamhost, and I have them. However, I can’t figure out how to do it in dreamhost. I think there is something wrong with my account, I am getting this message:

I was messing with my DNS stuff a few months ago, so maybe I messed something up. How would I fix this? I have tried waiting for it to create the zone file, but it still seems not to work.

Where are you doing this in your panel? Under “Domains>Registrations”?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

Domains > Manage Domains > DNS (under domain name). It then gives the message.

I found something on the wiki that told me to go to Whois info, and change them in there. However when I do that I get this error:
Error: This has not been registered as a nameserver with the .org registry. Contact the registrar of tophostingcenter.com to do so

Under “Domains>Registrations”, what are you putting as the nameservers for your domain?

BTW, I don’t think you can or should be fooling with anything under “Domains>Manage Domains”, that’s really only useful if you’re hosting on Dreamhost (or doing something complicated, which you’re not).

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes