Django... what is wrong?

apps

Hi,
I installed Django on my account byusing jeffcroff(http://www2.jeffcroft.com/2006/may/11/django-dreamhost/) tutorial, and DH wiki(http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Django)

I tried two times, so there are rather no stupid mistakes, like a bug in my configs, cause the error is always the same.

I try to run ns.krowy.net, and after a long long time I get “500 Internal Server Error”.

I was looking for somtehing and I’ve found it some logs:

[Fri Nov 17 10:18:12 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi” aborted: (first read) idle timeout (120 sec)
[Fri Nov 17 10:18:12 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi”
[Fri Nov 17 10:20:15 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi” aborted: (first read) idle timeout (120 sec)
[Fri Nov 17 10:20:15 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi”
[Fri Nov 17 10:21:01 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi” aborted: (first read) idle timeout (120 sec)
[Fri Nov 17 10:21:01 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi”
[Fri Nov 17 10:23:04 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: comm with (dynamic) server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi” aborted: (first read) idle timeout (120 sec)
[Fri Nov 17 10:23:04 2006] [error] [client 83.20.32.239] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “/home/neuroshima/nsorg/django.fcgi”

So it seems that something with fcgi is wrong. But my domain runs with fastcgi.

According to DHWiki I tried to do simple non-interlaced with my django instalation fcgi script (the code is in wiki) but it’s also broken - the same error - 500 Internal… I’ve notised that on this forum there were some users with the same problem (the same error) but there were no answer which solved this problem.

Could someone help - I have almost finished djangos aplication and i want to start using it. It’s quite important for me!

And sorry for my english if it’s bad - i tried to write without mistakes but i only learn this language :frowning:

I am seeing the same problem. I had a Django application that was working previously, but this morning it no longer works. Something must have changed in the last few days, but I do not know what it is yet.

In my instalation django started to work properly without any reasons. I’m happy, but I wonder why? Strange.

I have the same problem! It started on 18/11/2006, I had it working perfectly for 2 weeks before that.

What’s going on? Without being able to run Django DM is worthless to me… :frowning:

I filed a support request describing the problem but heard nothing from the support staff.

BTW: on which machine do you have your account on? Mine is “squirt” (I know :confused: )

As I said, django runs properly now. It started to work next day after I wrote about my problem - without any reason. But before I also had those problems with django, but I deleted this instalation and I did everything again, which in the beginig gave me nothing.

I supose that it is not a django problem but it’s Fast CGI(which was enabled all the time in my case - teoretical). Try run any other Fcgi script, and if it won’t works call DH support and tell them about fcgi scripts - not django. I don’t realy know is this true, but if yes, and it will help you - write here about it, maybe it will be helpfull for others.

My machine is rossmore.

Sorry for my english if I made any mistakes, I just learn your language.