I'm having a strange problem where my django app running via the normal webserver for my domain throws error messages; but when I run the django test web server no errors occur.
I've got passenger_wsgi on my domain, and setup django according to the wiki instructions. It seems to be working fine except under this weird circumstance.
I downloaded the django_registration application and set it up. It doesn't work, instead it gives me a 500 error; so I figure something is wrong with the app and I need to debug it.
The first problem is, I don't get any error messages, just 500's in the browser and "Premature end of script headers: ..." in the error logs at /home/.../logs/.../error.log . Not helpful.
But, I can work around that by SSH'ing in and running the django test server in my actual project directory, and connecting to it using the w3m text-mode browser. And when doing this, the code works fine, and no errors.
I searched in the wiki and found that sometimes the 500 errors occur because of a file permissions thing under PHP. Though this isn't PHP I tried changing the file permissions and no difference.
So it appears to me that there is something amiss with passenger_wsgi.
If anyone has had a similar experience and fixed it, i'd really like to know!